CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Characters in life.


I took my girls to go see UP tonight and couldn't help seeing the similarities between the main character and my grandad. You know, rough on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside. It got me thinking about him and even missing him a bit.


I have been very fortunate to have had a chance to really get to know my grandparents on both sides of my family and my great grandparent. The relationship with my grandad though has been one has evolved over time in a manner that I don't think I would have expected when I was younger.


Growing up I remember him as this towering man with a big voice and a short fuse. Quite frankly he scared the hell outta me. As I got older I started to enjoy his stories, and anecdotes about my father, aunts and uncles growing up. But now as an adult and having seen him with my girl and the super sweet and gentle way he is with them, I see him in a whole new light. I love to hear his laugh and love to give him a hard time about always assuming that I am calling to talk to my grandmother instead of him when I call. He's a very special character and I wonder if he knows how much I treasure the little converstions we have and his quirky sense of humor. I love you Grandad!

The above picture features some of the men closest to my heart. Grandad is the jolly looking fellow in the golf cap.

0 comments: